Even though Tristan Handy speaks exclusively about companies use of social media, my belief is these numbers/stats also work for writers. Using social media marketing and activity to promote oneself and one’s latest works is certainly the growing trend, however, it has to be done right. I highly recommend my author friends to click through and read this article. It’s not very long, but filled with the kind of actionable information you need to get better with your social media marketing.
As I make progress with the project of getting an interview with Vidli.com, I felt it important to effectively use Facebook in spreading that message.
I’d never really made a page on FB before, so bear with me on the its development. There’s only the beginning of some Vidli.com stuff there now, but I was able to finagle the video that you see pictured in the screen grab below. Hoping that doesn’t piss anyone at Vidli off (hey, it was up on Youtube!)
Oh, and don’t forget to drop over to Vator.tv and vote for Vidli in the Vator Splash Competition
Related Facebook Articles
- Nielsen: Viewing Video on Facebook Increased 1,840% (debaird.net)
- The Facebook Birthday (vukicevic.blogspot.com)
- Facebook: the devaluation procession (niklasblog.com)
- My 4 Year Old Opened Her Own Facebook Account (momblognetwork.com)
- How Can You Help Get Someone Hired? (jamesdkirk.com)
- What do Vidli.com Social Media and ROI have in common? (boldlygoing.com)
My 5 Year Mission
- To explore new places
- To seek out new friends and new fascinations
- To Boldly Go where I have not gone before